Here are a few tips on taking Good Care of your Rugs!
General Tips :
- In Day to Day cleaning light brushing can be done to remove the dust.
- Remove any spillage quickly to prevent it from setting in the weave of the rug.
- Hire reputable professionals to do annual/bi-annual dry cleaning of your rugs.
- For monthly cleaning rely on gentle and light vaccuming of rugs.
- It is not recommended to Machine Wash your rugs at home as this may result in permanent damage to the weave.
- It is advisable to get it dry cleaned occasionally.
- Rugs can be lightly vacuumed monthly to keep them dust and dirt free.
- Rugs placed in high traffic areas must be vacuumed regularly.
- Never vacuum the braids/fringes of your rugs as it may spoil the weave permanently.
Stain Removal :
- In case of a spillage please use a clean cloth or blotting paper to blot the stain immediately.
- Do not rub the stain too much, as it may spread the spillage and cause further damage.
- A mix of gentle liquid detergent, white vinegar and water can be used to remove the stain, if is a harsh stain however, please make sure all cleaning agents are removed completely from the rug in the end.
- Once the blotting is done please use dry cloth or towels to absorb any remaining moisture or residue by firmly pressing around the spot.
- It is very natural for wool blend rugs to shed especially if they are freshly. The shedding gradually reduces after some time over use.
- Do not pull any loose ends of your rugs rather clip them with scissors.
Avoid Direct Sunlight :
- Direct sunlight can fade away the true colors of rugs, please keep them away direct sunlight to prevent discoloration.
De-creasing/Flattening the Rug:
- Shipping and packaging of rugs can cause creases in your new rugs but this is not indicative of any damage to the rug.
- By reverse rolling the crease can be removed or the creases will flatten out naturally over days.